Don’t forget you can describe names in any order.
If you get stuck on a name, don’t delay – move on to another.
2 big teams are often better than 3 or 4 smaller teams. So for example if 8 people play, 2 teams of 4 are better than 4 teams of 2 (girls v guys gets really competitive – you have been warned!)
Some names are known by all and are easy to describe for example Jedward, Ireland, Sky, Enda Kenny, Apple, Brian O’Driscoll etc.
Some are a little trickier and may not be as easy to explain, but lots of names can be described in more than one way, for example:
- RAIN MAN – Could be the film with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman, but also could be described as – its wet and falls from clouds (Rain) and a boy becomes a…..(Man).
- LOST – Could be the TV programme or it could be – the opposite of found.
- JACK BLACK – Could be the famous actor and musician or you could also describe as – (Jack) and the Beanstalk and the opposite of white (Black).
Now it is of course your patriotic duty to know who DOUGLAS HYDE is. But just in case it slipped your mind that he could be described as the first President of Ireland, you could also explain in the following ways:
- For DOUGLAS you could try – Husband of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Capital of the Isle of Man or even a suburb of Cork!
- For HYDE you could try – Dr Jekyll and Mr…..(Hyde), Famous park in London, Children’s Game…..(Hide) and Seek.
But we all knew who DOUGLAS HYDE was anyway………..
So remember there may be more than one way to describe the names on the card.